These Additional Terms and Conditions and the Quick Confirmation Agreement, each hereby made a part hereof (collectively, the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between the Hotel set forth on your Quick Confirmation Agreement (“Hotel” or “us” or “we” or “our”), and the Group (as such term is defined in the Quick Confirmation Agreement) set forth on the signature page of your Quick Confirmation Agreement (“Group” or “you” or “your”). All capitalized terms as used herein that are not specifically defined shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Quick Confirmation Agreement.
- ADDITIONAL SPEND: You agree to pay us for any food and beverage and other services not expressly set out in the Agreement or any Event Orders (if applicable) but made available on request by or on behalf of you during the Event. On or before your arrival date, you will confirm to us in writing the names of those persons who you have authorized to sanction additional spend at the Event over and above the contracted amounts. All our records for additional spend (meeting room rental, audio/visual equipment, flipcharts, food and beverage functions and other incidentals) will be presented to one of your authorized signatures to be checked and signed on a daily basis.
- LABOR CHARGE: If your Event includes organized food and beverage functions, we will add a $50.00 labor charge to your account if the guaranteed number for your Event is less than twenty (20) persons. This will be used to cover our costs of the Event and will not be distributed as a gratuity to our employees working at your Event.
- OVERTIME: If your Event includes organized food and beverage functions, you agree to begin your Event promptly at the scheduled start time and agree to have your guests, invitees and other persons vacate the designated Event space at the end time indicated on the final Event Order. You further agree to reimburse us for any overtime wage payments or other expenses incurred by us because of your failure to comply with these requirements.
- PRICE INCREASES: If your Event includes organized food and beverage functions, there may be increases in prices due to unforeseen changes in market conditions at the time of your Event. We will communicate these increases to you in advance. We will require written confirmation that you agree to pay these increased prices, or at our option we may make reasonable substitutions in menus and you agree to accept such substitutions.
- SET UP CHARGES: Should extensive meeting room set-ups or elaborate staging be required, there will be a set-up charge to cover Hotel costs and additional labor. If equipment is necessary that exceeds Hotel’s inventory, then you agree to pay for the cost of renting this additional equipment.
- DISPLAYS AND DECORATIONS; YOUR PROPERTY: You may, at your option, purchase insurance to cover your personal property, including decorations, special objects and other property. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any loss or damage to property belonging to you or your attendees and do not maintain insurance covering it. All displays and/or decorations will be subject to our prior written approval and we reserve the right to contract and charge for Hotel staff to provide the labor for any installations or removals of such.
- OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGE: Due to state law, you may not bring alcoholic beverages into the Hotel for your Event. You must obtain our prior approval before you bring any food or non-alcoholic beverages from outside sources into our Hotel. If approval is granted by Hotel, you must sign a hold harmless and indemnification agreement in the form currently in use at Hotel if food or beverage products not purchased and served by Hotel staff are brought in for consumption by your guests. Service fees will apply to any outside food or beverage served in our function space, regardless whether Hotel labor is required.
- DELIVERIES: Arrangements for delivery of packages should be made through your designated Event Manager. Receiving, handling and shipping charges may apply. No packages will be accepted by us that require us to pay shipping costs. Deliveries will only be accepted within 48 hours prior to your arrival date, unless otherwise agreed by us in advance. All deliveries must be correctly labelled as per our guidelines. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we shall not be responsible for any damage to or loss of your packages.
- OUTSIDE CONTRACTORS: Should you elect to utilize outside contractors or subcontractors on Hotel premises during your Event, including, but not limited to, a destination management company, audio/visual services, caterer, decorators, or others, you must notify us of your intention to use such outside providers at least thirty (30) days in advance of your Event. In our sole discretion, we may require that your outside contractors (i) sign a hold harmless, indemnification and insurance agreement in the form currently in use at the Hotel for security agencies, and (ii) provide proof of insurance in amounts acceptable to us before the outside contractor will be allowed to provide services on our Hotel premises. In some instances, we may be required, pursuant to obligations imposed on the Hotel by labor unions or collective bargaining agreements, to utilize Hotel labor to provide certain services, and you agree to pay the fees and/or charges associated with these services.
- SECURITY: If required, in our sole and reasonable judgment, in order to maintain adequate security measures in light of the size and/or nature of your Event, you will provide, at your expense, security personnel supplied by a reputable licensed guard or security agency doing business in the city or county in which we are located, which agency will be subject to our prior approval. Such security personnel may not carry weapons. In our sole discretion, we may require that your security agency (i) sign a hold harmless, indemnification and insurance agreement in the form currently in use at the Hotel for security agencies, and (ii) provide proof of insurance in amounts acceptable to us before the security personnel will be allowed to provide services on our Hotel premises.
- CONDUCT OF EVENT: To the fullest extent permitted by law, you assume full responsibility for the conduct of all persons in attendance at your Event and for any damage done to any part of our premises during the time of your Event caused by you, your agents, employees, contractors or attendees, including any damage resulting from or connected with transportation, placing, removal or display of exhibits, displays or other items related to your Event. You also agree that your Event will not create any unreasonable disturbance to other guests or meetings, such as excessive noise, smoke or fog machines, dry ice, confetti cannons, candles, incense, or any activity that generates offensive smells. Hotel reserves the right to end your Event immediately if you do not comply with Hotel’s request to reduce or eliminate any such disturbance, in which case you will remain responsible for payment of all charges related to your Event and no refunds will be issued by Hotel.
- FIRE SAFETY: For the safety of persons and property, no fireworks or incendiary devices may be used indoors at the Hotel. All room sets must be in compliance with the local Fire Department regulations, including those pertaining to occupancy load, mandatory aisles, ceiling clearance and fire exits. Any Event that has vehicle displays, fog machines, fueled cooking demonstrations, lasers, exhibits (including tabletop) or extensive productions with staging and props, must have a certified permit from the local Fire Marshall. All associated fees for permits, floor plan approval and stand-by fire watch are your responsibility and final approved copies of all such permits must be provided to us at least three (3) days prior to your Event. Should you require any rigging services for this Event, all such services must be arranged through the in-house audio-visual provider or the Hotel and you will be responsible for all costs associated therewith. Should you require any rigging services for this Event, all such services must be arranged through the in-house audio-visual provider or the Hotel and you will be responsible for all costs associated therewith.
- AUXILIARY AIDS: The Hotel represents that it contains accessibility features for individuals with disabilities and, where needed, the Hotel will provide equivalent facilitation, auxiliary aids and services, and reasonable modifications to policies and procedures to ensure that our guests have equivalent access to the Hotel’s goods, services, and accommodations. You agree that one week in advance of your Event, you will furnish to us a list of any auxiliary aids needed by your attendees in meeting or function space. Except as required by applicable laws, you agree that you will be responsible for the procurement and payment of all charges for any and all auxiliary aids. We will, upon your request, furnish you with the names of businesses you can contact to obtain these aids. You also agree to be responsible for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act in the set up and conduct of meetings for your Event.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS: Given that Hilton Worldwide is headquartered in the United States of America, hotels operating under the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands are legally restricted from conducting business with any persons or entities that are designated on the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) List of Specially Designated Nationals and Other Blocked Persons (including terrorists and narcotics traffickers) (the “OFAC List”), since such hotels and Hilton Worldwide could be determined to have derived income, directly or indirectly, from any such prohibited business activities. The OFAC List can be found by visiting http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/SDN-List/Pages/default.aspx. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that you are currently not on the OFAC List, nor on any similar restricted party listings, including those maintained by other governments pursuant to applicable United Nations, regional or national trade or financial sanctions. If you are added to any such restricted party list prior to your arrival date, then you must notify us immediately. We may cancel your Event and this Agreement without liability if we reasonably believe it is necessary to do so in order for us to comply with our obligations under applicable laws or regulations, including (but not limited to) if you are added to any restricted party listings as described in this section.
- PROMOTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS: We have the right to review and approve any advertisements or promotional materials in connection with your Event that specifically reference the name of the Hotel or a name or logo owned by a subsidiary of Hilton Worldwide, Inc., including (but not limited to): Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Embassy Suites, DoubleTree by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Home2 Suites by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, and Hilton Grand Vacations. You agree that we may share your Event and Planner information with our third party providers who offer support services to groups holding meetings/functions at our Hotel, including audio/visual services, decorators, florists, and others.
- GUEST RESERVATION INFORMATION: If you request that Hotel provide you and/or your representative(s) with access to guest reservation information pertaining to guests who have reserved rooms at the Hotel as part of the Room Block (each, an “Attendee”) established pursuant to this Agreement, then you certify that you already obtained, or will obtain, consent from each of your Attendees for the Hotel or Hilton Worldwide, Inc. to provide to you and/or your representative(s) such Attendee’s reservation information, and you further agree to reimburse Hotel and Hilton Worldwide, Inc. for any costs, damages, fees or expenses of any kind arising from any claim(s) by an Attendee relating to the Hotel’s or Hilton Worldwide, Inc.’s disclosure of any Attendee’s reservation information.
- DISPUTES INVOLVING CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS: As a condition of Hotel agreeing to accept your credit card as an approved form of payment for all master account charges, you agree that any dispute that you may raise with respect to any master account charges must be addressed directly between you and us and to work in good faith to resolve any such disputed invoices in a timely manner. Any dispute that cannot be timely resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the parties shall be resolved in accordance with the dispute resolution provisions as contained in this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree that you will not avail yourself of your credit card issuer’s procedures for receiving a temporary credit for disputed charges arising from your credit card transactions with us (commonly referred to as a “chargeback”).
- SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS: The commitments made by each party will be binding on their respective successors and assigns. In the event that Group assigns, sells, conveys, pledges or otherwise disposes of all or substantially all of its assets (collectively referred to as “assignment”), by operation of law or otherwise, this agreement and the obligations herein must also be assigned to and assumed by the successor organization, subject to approval by Hotel. In the event such an assignment is contemplated, Group agrees to notify Hotel at least thirty days in advance of the planned close of the assignment transaction of the entities involved. Hotel will thereafter have 20 days in which to notify Group if assignment is approved. Group may not otherwise assign this Agreement or any rights hereunder.
- AMENDMENTS/CHANGES: Any amendments or changes to the arrangements described in this Agreement must be made in writing, signed by both you and us; provided, however, that this Agreement includes all signed or unsigned Event Orders (and the terms and conditions contained therein and attached thereto) issued by us for this and related functions/events and that your final guarantee of attendance may be made by phone. For purposes of this Agreement and any amendment or modification thereto, or for any other notice or communication between the parties, signatures sent or received by email with a scanned document with signature attached or by facsimile transmission will be considered as enforceable and valid as an original signature by the party signing. The effective date of communications between the parties will be determined as follows:
Communications sent via U.S. Mail or private mail delivery service (i.e. Fed Ex) or email will be effective as of the date sent;
Communications sent via facsimile will be considered effective as of the date and time on the facsimile confirmation sheet retained by the sender.
For the avoidance of doubt, emails, including emails that bear an electronic “signature block” identifying the sender, do not constitute signed writings for purposes of this Agreement.
Last Revised June 7, 2012